Consortium are based on a solid background of experience in strategic university networks and joint research, as well as in educational and innovation projects. We share a firm willingness to cooperate on the basis of mutual trust in a transformational project aiming at establishing a new model of increasingly collaborative and integrated teaching, research and innovation through enhanced mobility and with strong links to our ecosystems.
UNITA was founded as an alliance of six comprehensive research universities from five countries from west to east:
- Universidade de Beira Interior (UBI, Portugal)
- Universidad de Zaragoza (UNIZAR, Spain)
- Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour (UPPA, France)
- Université Savoie Mont Blanc (USMB, France)
- Università di Torino (UNITO, Italy)
- Universitatea de Vest din Timisoara (UVT, Romania)
They will be joined in 2022 by 4 new partners:
- Universitatea Transilvania din Brașov (UNITBV, Romania)
- Università degli Studi di Brescia (UNIBS, Italy)
- Politécnico da Guarda (IPG, Portugal)
- Universidad Publica de Navarra (UPNA, Spain)
The University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland (HES-SO, Switzerland) and the Yuriy Fedkovych National University of Chernivtsi (YF-ChNU, Ukraine) also join the consortium as associate partners.
YF-ChNU UNITA team